AppSealing supports games with the following specifications.
- Unity version: 4.6 or later
- Unreal Engine installed: version 4.1 or later
- Visual Studio installed : version 2015 or later
- Android SDK: API 8 or later / Android SDK build-tools revision 19.1 or later
- Maximum APK file size : 350MB
2.1 Uploading APK file
Uploading the APK file to the AppSealing server will automatically implement AppSealing security module inside the APK file.
Just upload the APK built from Unity to the ADC for full protection.
1. Log into ADC and go to the Sealing page. (Fig.1)
2. Upload APK
- Test Mode: For testing before uploading for Release Mode.
- Release Mode: For market release purpose.
- Rooting: Blocks or allows rooted device from running the application.
- Emulators: Blocks or allows Bluestacks and Nox from running the application.
- DEX Encryption : Protects JAVA code by encrypting multiple DEX files.
3. Click 'Seal APK' button to Seal.
2.2 Downloading Sealed APK file
Sealing process can vary in time depending on the APK file size. You’ll be noticed through your email on the Sealing result.
- Go to Sealing History below the Sealing page once the Sealing has been completed. (Fig.2)
2. Download button is activated when the APK file has been Sealed.
3. Now you can download the Sealed APK and install it on a device.
The Sealing server breaks the keystore signing during the Sealing process. Keystore signing must be done after Sealing in order to release and install & launch the APK file.
Zipalign must be done in order to upload the APK to Google Play.
3. Keystore re-signing and Zipalign
(1) Keystore signing and (2) Zipalign is required after Sealing. Please follow the below guide to sign the keystore and Zipalign using the command line.
3.1 Keystore re-signing
- Signing with JarSigner
- jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore [KEY STORE FILE] [APK FILE] [ALIAS]
- Signing with ApkSigner
- apksigner sign --ks [KEY_STORE_FILE] --ks-key-alias [ALIAS] [APK_FILE]
- WARNING! The v1 version signing is required to apply AppSealing.
Please use the following command to align the APK file using Zipalign.
- zipalign -v 4 [APK_FILE] [ZIPALIGNED_OUTPUT_APK_FILE]
- Reference : http://developer.android.com/tools/help/zipalign.html